Here are five thoughts for happiness that I believe can help – and they can make you think too.
Decide which apply to you, what you can change and what you can enhance of these in your life right now, today!
1. Take it slow and add up all your small victories – every achievement counts, it adds to your self-image and builds your self-esteem, it adds to your experience and knowledge and it adds up to who you are. Acknowledge them, celebrate them and share them with others too!
2. However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. Know that this is true, accept it as part of life’s ups and downs and you will find the downs easier to manage and appreciate the ups whilst they’re around!
3. Build something or do something that makes you proud – your family, your confidence, your business, your achievements, your dreams, overcoming something in your life (not anyone else’s perception of achievement – just yours!)
4. Make mistakes, learn from them – it’s the only way we learn! Learn too, to laugh about them, and then move along your path in life. They are part of you, they will teach you and they will often stay with you – but use that knowledge and learning to build on for a better future for you!
5. Set priorities for yourself and act accordingly. This is what life coaching has taught me and others – we do this naturally but harnessing it means you have the power to make things happen